Saturday, February 28, 2009

Science Saturday


Sunshine came home with a book from the library all about science experiments that we could do at home. I thought it would be fun to get the FBI to read my blog, so I thought I would share this one that we tried...

Don taught the kids how to make a bomb.
*waves to the good folks at the Hoover Building*

A few tablespoons of baking soda and some vinegar all wrapped into a paper towel, and then placed in a ziplock baggie. Then you shake it and step back. It didnt quite "explode" the way it had promised, but it was still fun to see the bag expand so quickly and start hissing out.
Don wanted the kids to better understand what had happened inside the bag, so he did it again in a cup without the papertowel. They saw the fizzing and it made more sense.
Simple, easy, quick, effective. Gotta love that.


3 comments:

  1. fbi moved out the hoover building...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They just told us they moved out. They're still there, in the secret room.
    Now, back to the science experiment. Proof that you aren't well is that you let Don do anything that might explode. And with your children and no body army or eye protection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That looks like fun! My fave as a kid was the cornstarch and water. Haven't tried that one yet with my kids...they hate being dirty. But it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.