Sunday, March 1, 2009

Six


Six is not a friend of mine.
Six was not invited, but came anyways.
Six is scary.
Six is real.
Six is two more than I'm comfortable with.
Six has erased all evidence of Michelin Man rolls.
Six comes with long legs, long arms, and long ideas.
Six seems so much more like sixteen than I thought it would.
Six talks about future jobs, moving away, and getting married.
Six is one more further away from me.
Six should leave my baby alone.

6 comments:

  1. And yes, Rebekah, I did paint those jeans. Don't judge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! i was just going to comment and say, "darn it, sarah, did you paint those jeans?!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to have handmade birthday jeans! And yes, she is way too old...what's happening down there? They are all getting too old. NO! Michelin Man can't be gone. I detect a smidge on the neck. Ok, maybe it's just wishful thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am scared of 6. 5 1/2 already seems to be making the detachment from mommy...GINORMOUS step in our house. My baby can't be going to kindergarten next year. First, I can't be that "old", and second, I can't believe she really is ready for kindergarten. And LOVE THOSE JEANS!!!! You are my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SO mean, Rebekah. She LOVES her painted jeans!!!!

    Amy - It's bad. I don't know how it happened so fast. It seemed like they were babies for so long and then all of the sudden it all flew by. Like every moment was an eternity and now every day is just a moment. It's so incredibly sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That poem describes my feelings exactly about my kids growing up! But no matter how hard we fight it, it's inevitable. Hope she has a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.