Saturday, February 21, 2009

Money Bags

Sunshine is learning about money at school, so we're practicing here as well. Money and time are tough on the kiddos, but there are sooooooooo many fun "center" activities to do with those subjects. Always up for a game/party, Don and I set up a little store at night for the kids. We put price tags on different lunch and breakfast items for the kids to eat the next day. Then, they get a certain amount of money when they wake up and have to "buy" what they want for lunch and breakfast. Sunshine loves it because she's obsessed with "coinies," "coinie purses," and money in general. The Little Master loves it because he gets to grab things and put them in his basket. Polly Pocket loves it because she can climb on the table and knock things over. Good times are had by all.



It's so much fun. Really, really fun. Except when someone break the rules. I dont want to mention any names (*cough*TLM*cough*), but SOMEONE took the tag off of the cheese this morning and put it on a box of brownie mix from the pantry. Smart. And because he's all broken right now and I didnt feel like screaming loud enough for him to hear my explanation, I made brownies at 7am.

4 comments:

  1. I love coinies too, but I really go for the paper stuff.

    That's my boy, smart little thing isn't he! I am surprised Pocket didn't do the switch first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea...man, where do you get the energy and creativity...can you send some of it my way!! Your kids are so lucky to have you as a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. That's exactly what kids need to. The practical application of what they're learning. And your kids won't forget it! BRAVO Supermom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't think people with kids should be allowed to blog unless they upload one child picture per post.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.