The Little Master is a handful. Truly. He has been a handful since the moment I went into labor with him. You know those people who say they were in labor for days and you think in your head, "Right lady. Stop lying." I used to not believe those people and talk smack on them behind their backs until it happened to me with TLM. I had back labor with him for days. Literally days, I was having contractions every 15-20 minutes or so in my back. I thought I was going to die. It was horrible.
Then he was born and I thought my days of agony would be over.
You know those people who blame their child's problems on "colic" and are always complaining that their babies cry all day? I used to talk smack on them behind their backs and say, "Well, what are you doing wrong? Babies shouldn't cry that much! Lowsy mom!" Then TLM was born. He cried at least four hours straight from the time he was one month old until he was around 7 months old. Then he started to just scream and hit and terrorize us instead. Truly. I'm not lying. Can I get a witness, Mom? Horrid, horrid baby. If that's colic, he had colic until he was around two.
When TLM became a toddler, he stopped being as....colicky(?)...and became a bit more....I dont know, who he is today. You know those moms at playyards with those horrid little boys running around knocking everyone down and screaming at the top of their lungs? I used to talk smack on those moms. Now I shrug my shoulders and say, "What are you gonna do?"
My sister says that the world is just too small for him, and it's true. He feels big. He lives big. His highs reach the planets. His lows burrow to the depths of despair. It's hard to raise someone like that. I get tired a lot =) My mom gets tired hearing about me being so tired. My sister gets tired defending her Little Master. Big is really big. But I'm telling you, my little guy loves big. He loves so big it breaks my heart.
I tend to go grocery shopping when I have the smallest number of kids with me. So when Sunshine was in preschool, I would go shopping while she was there. To advert tantrums, I would bribe TLM with a donut from the bakery if he would behave in the store. Ya, I know. Whatever, it worked. Each time, he would say, "What about my sister? We have to get her a donut too." So we would and he would lovingly present it to her when we picked her up. Too sweet.
At the grocery stores around here, they have little happy face stickers at the check out lanes to bribe little children to behave while in line. TLM always asks for some and his favorite baggers give him a whole sheet. Then TLM says, "What about my sister?" and they have to give him more.
When we went to pick up a new Redbox movie last week, it was Sunshine's turn to choose. Unfortunately, Barbie and the Diamond Castle was sold out and she had to choose something less fun. When we went to rent the film for movie night on Friday, it was TLM's turn to choose. He said, "I know what to get" and he selected the Barbie film. I said, "Oh no, little guy. That's a Barbie movie. Did you want that one under it?" He responded, "No, Mommy. I getting this for my sister. She will be so happy. So happy!" And she was.
Gotta love my little guy. He's perfectly him.
I remember those dark days and will be your witness. Did we think they would ever end? Actually, I probably did because I thought how could anything this bad go on day after day. It just defies reason. But, that's looking back. The future looks happier.
ReplyDeleteWhen will the world be big enough? He's not giving up!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletei love the little master. he's such a good little boy with his heart in the right place. he eats life by the mouthful.
ReplyDelete