

School was cancelled yesterday, due to ice. Ice on the road, on our plants, on our picnic table, even on the windmill at our park! We stayed in our pj's all day, cooked goodies and warm soup, made Valentines, played dress-up in their dads clothes, and watched Valentine's Day dvds. It was blissful.


Man, I love snow days. We had one in December and it was an answer to prayers. I was so busy and becoming completely overwhelmed with my responsibilities and all of the activites were we supposed to be participating in. Then we had an ice storm and everything closed down unexpectedly. We couldnt do a thing that whole day but stay inside and finish up stuff around here. Don didnt go into work. The kids missed school. I couldnt run any errands ot attend any meetings. But the best part was that no one could expect us to. I didnt have to call anyone to cancel or call to explain why something was going to be late. The news did it for me! I wasnt a slacker, it was the darn weather's fault. It was the best day ever. I'm going to start praying for a snow day every December during busy season.
hmm, those look like papa's things...
ReplyDeleteSnow and ice. What do I get? We even go to work during the occasional earthquake! However, it is 80 degrees here today with a nice breeze.
ReplyDelete