
No, not me. Well, that's not true. Sometimes, I do like to curl up in a ball, under a heavy blanket, and cover my head to create complete darkness. Mmm...toasty sleep! But this post isnt about that.
The Little Master's new favorite books are Diary of a Worm and Sometimes I Like to Curl Up in a Ball. And when I read it to him, he curls up in a ball in my lap, closes his eyes, and smirks. He's perfect just like that. Those moments are the ones that I dreamt about before they came - still, sweet, smooshy. But this post isnt about that either.
Little Polly Pocket likes to curl up in a ball. Because she's still so young, the ball she curls up into is so teeny, tiny. Because she belongs to us, she's pudgy and so her ball is fun to roll. If you come after her to tickle her, she drops to the floor and curls up in a ball. Little giggles escape from the ball and then you have to try to break the ball open with more tickling. If someone throws something to close to her, she falls to the floor and curls up in a ball. Then she'll peek her head out to see if the coast is clear. She's got this strength of spirit that has served her well in her health struggles. But that strength of spirit is always around, folks. Not just when the going gets tough in OUR minds. Pocket thinks that if she curls up in a ball and screams at us for something, we'll get it for her. She might think that because every time she does do it, I give in. I mean really, who has time to teach her patience?!? Yes, sometimes, my Pocket likes to curl up in a ball. That's what this post is about.
cutest little ball I've ever seen.
ReplyDeletethis blog in its entirety just depresses me. i miss my kids, i miss my kids...
ReplyDelete