
Do you remember this little guy? Oh, he's so cute in retrospect. But I remember not being quite the fan when I was living with him at this age. A kindly fellow he was not.
We showed him this photo the other night before bedtime and I said, "This is you little guy! And look you still have a binky in your mouth! Aren't you too old for that now?" and I grabbed it out of his mouth.
He said, "I am a big guy. No more baby binkies" and he walked away. That was Monday and he hasnt asked for it since then.
We saw a friend at the grocery store today who has a 15 month old the same age as Pocket. The baby had a binky in her mouth. The Little Master walked up to her and said, "I dont use those anymore. I have Buzz Lightyear to snuggle with. You should get one." And he walked away.
Ahhhh, no more binky mouth! I can't even tell you how glad I am to see the last of that nonsense after 43 months.
A FAREWELL TO SIR BINKY
You served us well, Mr. Binky. During those long and dark hours of colic and sadness, you brought a measure of solace. While I sat in a dark closet holding a screaming infant for hours and hours on end, sometimes you made him stop. When he started biting his sister for no reason or biting me while he nursed, you otherwise occupied him. When I wanted him to shut up in church so that they wouldnt kick us out, you rose to the challenge. When we wouldnt let him sleep with a sippy cup anymore, you filled that void. And when he needed a little extra love, but we didnt have time right away, you met that need. Thank you, Mr. Binky. You were all well-loved, much appreciated, and will always be thought of with a tender thought. Adieu.
(Don't tell The Little Master, but I still have two spares downstairs in case it doesn't work out.)
He so easily imparts his wisdom to the younger generation. Is that the Buzz Lightyear recently received from a generous gramma? Now we know the source of that wisdom!
ReplyDeleteWhere to begin? I remember the moments of peace that came upon us in the dark days when the "b" rescued us. I remember having the wrong one somewhere in Arizona and the sadness that broke my heart. I remember frantically looking for Mr. B in cars, at the mall, on the train, at the park, at church, nap time, sad time, just about anytime. Oh the memories. And we'll always have the photos...farewell.