
Pocket is a terror. Cute, but horrible. That child can destroy things faster than any other child alive. She's like a Gremlin. I swear. I know what Aunt Angie is going to say, "Not that sweet baby. She's so precious." But this time, Aunt Angie is WRONG. This kid is B-A-D.
Today, she was destroying the blinds upstairs, so I brought her downstairs as Don fixed them and went about my business preparing dinner. As I was doing that, she climbed up on the sofa table and started destroying the blinds down here.
Coming down the stairs and completely exasperated (because he doesnt see her reign of terror all week long), Don shouted with his arms flailing, "My gosh, child, you destroy EVERYTHING! When you grow up, I'm going to go to your new house and break stuff!!!!" Then he walked by the framed picture of Christ and said, "I'm just going to KNOCK EVERYTHING DOWN!" and he took a pretend swipe at the frame.
It was hilarious. It was so parent mental breakdown. I couldn't stop laughing thinking about us walking into a strange man's house (Pocket's husband who we don't know yet) and destroying their blinds, framed photos, and kitchen appliances, tearing the clean clothes out of the dryer and stuffing dirty clothes into it, unrolling huge packages of toilet paper to stuff into the toilets and flush, poking their dog in the eyes and biting their children. Then we would walk to the front door and say, "Sorry about that Fred, but she had it coming to her" and walk out. I could just see this stranger staring at us like we were lunatics (we would be) and screaming, "What the &^$%#@*?!?"
Oh my gosh. That was just such a great image. I was on the floor dying of laughter.
That Don. He's a keeper.
Later, he called my mom to tell her what a great plan he had and she started giving him a laundry list of things that she was going to break in our house to pay me back for things I had broken in her house. Not funny. I'm expecting a longer list from Don's mom when she reads this, cause that boy was bad. Bad like a Pocket.
I have a theroy...the cuter the child the bigger the terror!! Just be glad there arent 2 pockets running around.
ReplyDeleteFrom that adorable face? Never! :)
ReplyDeleteI just had that mental picture of you and Don going Gremlin on married Pocket's future home. It was hilarious. My roommate is wondering why I am cracking up so hard. :D
ReplyDeleteI'm still laughing about it. This morning at breakfast, Don suggested that we also throw our food at her husband when we're invited over for a meal. Poor Don is so abused around here!
ReplyDeleteI bet my kids could beat your kids at destroying the house any day. They've got it down to 5 minutes flat!
ReplyDeleteOh dear me. It's so sad!
ReplyDelete