
The two weeks before school starts, I wake up at 530. I pack lunches, make breakfast, get the house ready for little ones, and pray hard that the day will be better than the day before. (Mainly a better day would entail me being a better mom and wife, nicer, kinder, more patient. It's the same every day.)
At 6:00 am, I wake the kids, we pray, they say goodbye to Don, eat breakfast, get dressed, and submit to me doing their hair.
By 7:00 am, we're putting on shoes and getting ready to head out of the door.
We go to odd places because not many things are open at 7:30 am. But if we don't leave, we don't have the motivation to actually finish our morning routine.
That's how we roll.
I really want to homeschool. I hate sending my kids to school!!!! Where has my summer gone?!?
How come you don't homeschool??
ReplyDeleteI don't think I have the patience to teach my own children everything they would need to learn. I have very high expectations and I wouldn't want to push that on them. I tend to go to extremes easily. I would rather be their mom who does fun things with them than have to be the academic enforcer as well.
ReplyDeleteI also believe that they learn a lot of great life lessons being away from me.
I also love their schools and trust them as much as I would trust anyone who wasn't me.
And I'm lazy. =)