Saturday, August 15, 2009

when you live with a man

you learn things.

Don was watching the NFL Network last night and when I turned on the tv this morning, it was still on that channel. I wanted to change it to the music station I like, but the "America's Game" music was playing and then I heard Tom Selleck's voice and I couldn't change the channel. Does that ever happen to you? I stood there with the remote and couldn't will myself to change it. So, now I'm on the computer, trying to finish this file organization and I've heard the funniest quotes.

"Fatigue makes cowards of us all."

"There are two great things about this game – winning and getting paid."

I have no idea who said them, because I'm not paying enough attention to follow along, but they stood out to me. I did learn a lot this morning: Namath was lucky to have Maynard, Howie Long and Lyle Alzedo got stuck in traffic on the way to the Super Bowl and had to run the last 1/4 mile there, and Marv Levy, a Harvard postgrad turned head coach, quoted poems about Scottish warriors to the Bills after each Super Bowl loss (there were four).

I've learned a lot living with a man =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.