Keep your eyes out in the mail for a special "Have a Great Time in Kindergarten" package from your favorite aunt in the whole world.*


*Remember that Aunt Sarah doesn't sew, so these were made with love, not skill.

And one photo including Bruno, for Faye.
Sunshine is going back to school with a crayon roll, personalized hot pink pencils, and labeled supplies to prevent her teacher from putting her stuff in the "community pot." Grrrrr. I hate community school supplies. My kid always ends up with the generic crap after I went out of my way to shop for good deals on the real stuff. Grrr.
When I was teaching that always bothered me too. It took a lot of work the first few days of the year, but I labeled everything and had a big box for each item (crayon box, colored pencil box, etc.). When a child ran out, she just went to that box and found the glue sticks (each child had theirs rubber banded together) with her initials. Wow, that makes me tired and glad I am not teaching anymore.
ReplyDeleteSome parents had financial difficulties and I took care of that. When a child ran out of something it was easy to notify the right parent. We did have community Kleenex though. I didn't want any runny noses in the room!
Like I said, it was a lot of work, but worth it.
Ya, community tissues and construction paper. I'm good with that.
ReplyDeleteBut leave my expensive scissors alone!!!!!!!!!!!
Your crayon rolls look awesome!! Mad Skills, Sarah!
ReplyDeleteYou're so nice, Katie!!!
ReplyDelete