
Apparently, children take you literally when you say crazy stuff.
A few weeks ago, Sunshine asked me to look at something in the backseat while I was driving. When I told her that I couldn't see it because I was driving, she said, "Why don't you use the eyes in the back of your head?"
At first I thought she was cracking wise with me =) and then I realized she was serious. So I responded, "Oh ya, that looks great," because I wasn't about to lose that trick!

Fast forward to this week...
We're playing upstairs and talking about superheroes. Sunshine asks me if I have a superpower. Trying to think fast, I said, "Ya, sure. Remember the eyes in the back of my head?"
She said, "Oh, that's right! I can't wait until I'm a mom and mine grow in!" (I had scary flashbacks of creatures that Buffy killed on BTVS).
When Buddy asked, "Do I get them, too, when I'm a dad?" and I had to decide really fast if I wanted Don to have them as well.
I said, "Yes, you'll get them, but Dad eye's don't work as well as Mom eyes do." (It's true, no?)
Sunshine said, "Yes, Buddy, they're smaller than Mom eyes."
So that's the story. I've got superpowers and I know how to use them.
*KA-POW*
They really do believe everything we say. Now THAT'S scary! I love that Don's eyes are smaller than yours. I always knew you were superhuman :).
ReplyDeleteIt's true. I am. For Halloween, I'm going to dress up as Super Mom. It's not far from the truth. =)
ReplyDeleteThat is fantastic!
ReplyDeletePocket's little fro inside that hat...I love that precious kid.
ReplyDelete