Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween Party - Take 1


We had our first Halloween party last week. Sunshine wanted to have a few friends from school over and so I let her invite four little girls. We went through all of my old magazines and files looking for things that would be fun to do and she made some really fun choices.

I also let her decide the menu, so there are a lot of photos of food. My sister told me that no one wants to see photos on my blog that don't have children in them, but Sunshine was really excited about this menu and I wanted to share it. She also told me to stop using the word "y$m&y" when describing food, because she said it's annoying. So I'll try not to.

Here's how the par-tay broke down...

They came in costumes. Sunshine is Word Girl.


After a long day at school, they were so thirsty they had to drink the blood of a naughty girl who died when she didn't use good manners. So sad!


Sunshine was really disturbed by this, even though it was HER idea. But Taylor was stoked. You can see Sunshine squirming in the corner of this photo.


Terribly hungry after this refreshing drink, they gorged on mummies



What party would be complete without a little pumpkin action?


They finished off their snack with a tasty ghost. Sunshine wanted to make sure that the ghosts were white with blood oozing out.


Of course, we only have girls invited to this party. But there were these naughty boys from school who tried to sneak in. We popped out their eyeballs, stuck them on forks and ate them for dessert. For real, Sunshine's idea. Good times.


Bekah and I found this craft in a magazine while she was here and it was soooooooo fun and easy to do. I adapted it a bit for this age group and I just loved the girl's creativity with the project. Most importantly, they were so incredibly proud of themselves.




So that was last week's party. Three more to go this week!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! We actually made those mummy pizzas for dinner tonight--along with a pumpkin soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were super easy, huh? I heard that some people use string cheese. I had cut the sliced cheese into strips. I wonder which way is easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you make that dress? If so, now I know you know how to sew clothes. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.