
This summer, we're going here on vacation. Did you know about this? I sure didn't. We're going to the pageant performance of "The Long Winter," sleeping in covered wagons on the actual homestead that Pa settled, and going to a session of at a little schoolhouse just like the one that Nellie Olsen tormented Laura in ages ago.
If it's possible to be giddy about a summer vacation, then I am. Absolutely giddy. And in an effort to spread that giddy around our little house on the prairie, the children have collected four picture books that are adapted from the works of Miss Ingalls and I'm reading aloud the real novels to them at night. We're learning about panthers and wolves running free in Wisconsin, why farmers don't like grasshoppers and the magic of "going to town."
We're so terribly excited.
i'm going to come too. what dates?
ReplyDeleteFor rizzle? Don't toy with me. That would be so fun!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWait a minute...gramma and I are sleeping in a covered wagon????
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, party pooper. You're in a motel. The De Smet Super Deluxe Inn!!!!!
ReplyDelete