Sunshine came home from school today and said, "I love The-bastian! I just love him!"
Me: Oh, that's sweet.
Sunshine: I'm so in love with him!
That's when I stopped smiling.
Me: Yes, you love him, but you're not IN love with him. He's just your good friend.
Sunshine: Yes, he is a GREAT friend and I love him. That's why I kicked him today.
Uh, what?
Me: You kicked him? We don't kick people we care about. Don't kick sweet little The-bastian. Remember that you love him.
Sunshine: Yes, Mommy, I love him. That's why I kissed him!
Me: You kissed him or you kicked him, sweetheart?
Sunshine: Oh, I kissed him! Right on his forehead. I just love him.
Really, I'm not ready for this. I'm just not. Heaven, help me! I'm thinking that I can blame this somehow on her Aunt Johnna and Cousin April. It's certainly not from MY family.
can't wait to meet him.
ReplyDelete