Our home has been so blessed with visitors lately. My baby sister came last week and is here for 7 days. My mother came (WITH HAIR!) and stayed for four days. It's been so nice. Truly lovely. Our home has been so full of wonderful noise.
When we dropped our mom off at the airport last night, Rebekah and I talked about living without her and my dad. We all moved away from home when we were 17/18, so we've lived without their nearby presence for long periods of time now. And it's sad. We talked about how we never realize how safe they make us feel, until they leave. We don't realize how taken care of we are in their presence, until they're gone and we're left to fend for ourselves again. I feel that way when Don comes home at night - I never realize that I was holding my breathe all day, until he walks back in the house and we're together again. And this week, I didnt realize how much I really, really miss my fun sisters until I had to think about being without them again.
Families are so nice. It's such a wonderful concept to have people tied to you this way and I am so incredibly blessed to have so many people who love me. I can't say anything more that would explain it. I'm just sincerely blessed.
As a special treat, my sister has written a post as a guest author. See, I'm that cool that I have guest bloggers =)
Thanks for coming, Bekah. We love you so!
No comments:
Post a Comment
thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.