Tuesday, March 30, 2010

ohhhhhhhh Christine

My good friend, Christine came into town to spoil my children this month. I love and adore Christine. My dad always says that the Marine Corps knocked him down as far as he could go, then knocked him down further to show him that he always could do more. Christine and I were routinely knocked down during our 2 year TFA bootcamp. We're bonded for life now. Really, I can't explain how much Christine means to me. Anything I can think of saying seems trite compared to how I feel about her. Let's just say that I love her tons. Besides all of those things, her mom is one of my favorite adults. I want to be her in my next life. =)


While Christine was in town, she played, played, and played with the kids, and then she read, read, read to them. In between those activities, she listened to every crazy story they wanted to tell her. But the most exciting thing she did for them was to bring them each a chocolate chip cookie from her hotel buffet and let us take her to the airport. LOL It's all they talk about when they mention her visit. I love kids.

Before returning to the Big Apple, she went home to New Mexico to celebrate her niece's 4th birthday. This is the little pillowcase dollhouse I made for Miss Charlotte. It's perfectly sized for a Polly Pocket or Strawberry Shortcake doll.


1 comment:

  1. You're right, I thought the little one was real and then I saw the bigger one and thought to myself, "Do they remove their teeth, so children can pet them?" I am relieved to know they are fake, but will say something to my grandchildren for tricking me with those frightened looks.

    I never thought you would make another pillowcase dollhouse. It gets better each time.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.