Saturday, March 27, 2010

little wayne


I don't think Wayne Gretsky's first time on the ice looked like this. But maybe it did. Regardless, he couldn't have had as much fun as our Buddy.


Initially, when they realized that TLM was really, really not adept at being on the ice, they gave him a little lesson off the ice on how to skate. Then, they sent him off onto the ice. That failed miserably.


Then, they gave up and gave him the walker. He was in HEAVEN! I love that little guy. For real, he cracks me up to no end. Completely unoffended by this crutch that only one other child got, he hobbled about, laughing and falling, until the mean assistant coach took it away and made him skate without it.


This week during his second lesson, they wouldn't even let him use the walker. He fell every 6 inches or so, laughed, and got right back up.


The kid is as tough as dirt. I love that falling so much and being the worst skater in his class doesn't get him down. It's all about what HE wants to do and accomplish, not the teacher or anyone else.


I really do love that little guy. He's got a strength of spirit and commitment to following plans. They're usually not my plans that he's following, but that strength and determination will serve him well in life.


And finally, a shot of Pocket while the older kids were laced up.



Most of these photos are from my sister's camera.

2 comments:

  1. That "walker" is hilarious! I've never seen one of those before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right?!? I loved it. I wonder if they let you use it at free skate. I might have to ask next week.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.