Wednesday, March 31, 2010

the gator farm



While on our mini-vacation during Spring Break, we stopped at a gator farm. I was worried that it would be one of those places you go, pay lots of money and there isn't much to do. But it turned out to be three hours of good fun and it was super cheap.


The kids played with lots of odd animals in their gift shop.


Pocket was a HUGE fan of the ferrets. That made me a little sad, I can't lie. Ferrets are perverse little creatures. But kids seem to like them. Ugh.


Sunshine and Buddy were more into the snakes. They kept saying, "Can we call Grampa P and tell him we're holding snakes?" So gross.



Check out Pocket looking at the horned dragon thingie. LOL. That look is priceless.


They also had a little petting zoo, which is where Pocket attacked the poor deer I posted about yesterday. The girls were big fans of the baby pig.


I had to include this photo of me talking to the goat. I don't remember talking to him, but I do know that stance. It's my "You're being a naughty little child" stance. So the goat must have been misbehaving LOL I love that I'm bossy, even to animals...animals that don't belong to me at that!


While Sunshine played on the rope swing, The Little Master and Polly Pocket jumped in a bounce house.



There were tons and tons and alligators.


In the photo below, you should be able to count ten of the medium sized ones.


They were on their winter hiatus, so they don't eat or move very much. Sunshine kept saying, "These are so boring" and we kept offering to lift her into their lair to see just how boring they were, but she wouldn't agree. We kept pestering her, so finally she played with a baby one.


Buddy was brave enough to pet a big one.


Just joking, Mom. Those are fake.

Good times were had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.