
Don took The Little Master out for some boy time recently. They went to their first of many to come Monster Truck Rallies. Though half of my family are true blue Honkies, I was a *little* worried about the crowd they'd be hobnobbing with at this event. That's why Don went alone with Buddy and I kept my suburban-colored-behind at home with the girls. LOL. Apparently, there was no need to worry because the venue was fancy (the Cowboy's new stadium is really far from Honkyville) and the tickets were relatively pricey. Maybe the girls and I will go with them next time. Maybe not. Watching American Girl movies and painting our nails was a lot of fun.
Buddy has talked and talked and talked about this endlessly since they went. It's the only thing he wants to tell Papa on the phone. This stuffed monster truck is the only toy he'll sleep with now and he's insisting on a monster truck themed birthday party. I'm so pleased to be past some of his other fixations. This one is acceptable to me.
The funniest after-effect is that we'll be walking to our Expedition in a parking lot and he'll say, "Mother, you could really get some big tires for Rocket and it wouldn't be a problem. It would be really cool." Sure, Buddy. When you turn 16, Rocket is all yours and you can buy your own monster truck tires.

Why does he always make me take pictures of him like this? He's so crazy.
What a fun outing for the boys. Not one he'll soon forget! I agree... Rocket does need big tires! :)
ReplyDelete