Sunday, July 5, 2009

week 4 of summer camp - the grand ole flag



Sunshine had a friend over this day and we all learned about the significance of the colors in the flag, read a book about Betsy Ross, sang "You're a Grand Ole Flag", and painted our own flags. Good times were had by all.

3 comments:

  1. Remember the Miss Carden's Patriot Meditation?

    The red of the flag stands for bravery, for the courage of the men and women of upheld and still uphold the honor and dignity of their homeland.

    The blue stands for the sky, the clean bright sky, that stimulates us to keep are vision clear and our lives focused on the noble way of living.

    The white stands for purity, for pure thoughts and honorable deeds.

    There are some true principles in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that is supposed to be "The red of the flag stands for bravery, for the courage of the men and women of the country who upheld and still uphold the honor and dignity of their homeland."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to find it online and couldnt. I typed in as much as I could remember and nothing came up. =( You'll have to get Mrs. H to copy it for me.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.