Friday, July 3, 2009

week 4, day 1 of summer camp - America

I can't keep up on what day we're on for summer camp anymore. On my lesson plans, it goes by weeks. Sooooooooooooooo sorry =)

On day one of "America" week, we went to Half Price books to use their weekly $3 gift card and found SO many patriotic books that we didnt have already. The Little Master found a book called Heroes with a drawing of Teddy Roosevelt on the front. He shouted, "It's Teddy!!!" and didn't let go of that book all day. Sunshine already had a book called Little Miss Liberty, a fictional account of the Statue of Liberty. She really loves it. At the bookstore, she found a book about American landmarks, famous people, and important stories that included a lot of drawings of the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, so she chose that. Pocket MADE me buy her five other books about American lore. She twisted my arm! I swear! =) So we made out with a great group of books.


Later in the afternoon, we made this fun pie from Kraft. It's simple to make. I suggest using a store prepared graham cracker crust because it's so tight, leaving the layers to chill longer than the recipe says, and using a spoon to dish on the top red layer. I cut the recipe in half because I was worried about it overflowing in the pie dish. That always happens to me. It might have been okay in a deep dish, but this worked out well, too because I had to take dinner to someone at church the next day. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Seriously Sarh...where do I sign my kids up for your summer school!... Or at the very least you have to send me your lesson plans:) hehe Great Job Sarah! You are my motherhood hero!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.