Thursday, July 23, 2009

Great Gramma

The point of going up to South Dakota is that my Gramma moved back up there two years ago to be with "her people." Since she pretends being old is a good excuse not to fly cross country, we had to drive up to see her. It turned out to be a great idea, because she has a lot of toys that the kids loved:

Her chicken skin that Sunshine kept caressing. She would say, "I'll help you walk there, Great Gramma," and would spend the whole time rubbing on her arms.


her walker that The Little Master used as a scooter


her teeth that the kids kept popping in and out of her mouth while we were in our cabins at the State Game Lodge


her walker that Pocket used as a stroller at Storybook Land


her kind spirit that little children took advantage of at the Corn Palace gift shop to get things like caramel corn in the shape of corn


the rental wheelchair that EVERYONE took turns pushing and storing supplies on while at Bear Country


the golf cart they let Don use to drive her around the Ingalls Homestead



and the train ride that she treated everyone to at Wylie Park.


Good times were had by all.

5 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how happy that golf cart made Don.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish she could see this. Of course, she would start crying all over again. The great thing about vacation photos is that you remember them all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don loved it, that is true. Gramma also loved the attention.

    I'm trying to upload them all to get them mailed to her, Mom. She'll love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy cow i actually found your blog and figured out what to do...mom looks great and i am sending it to carole,my daughter in law...wow these are great pictures...i can do it to,with allison..i just have to figure out how...holy cow there is more...wow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gramma had so much fun. It was good for all of us.
    I'm glad that you found the blog! I was worried that you couldn't view it at work.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.