Thursday, July 23, 2009

4,300 miles later...

We're home from our vacation of a lifetime! We had a great, great time. I have loads of stories to tell and even more photos to share. But first, I really do have to get my laundry put away and this house sorted.

Some teasers:

the kids dancing after the chuckwagon ride at Custer State Park


Don pushing Humpty Dumpty at Storybook Land


our covered wagon that we slept in while at the Ingalls Homestead



I have over 700 photos to go through, probably 1/4 taken by The Little Master, so YOU (Rebekah) are going to have to be a tad patient. =)

4 comments:

  1. Only 700 for the trip of a lifetime? I came back from texas with over 400. You're just failing, failing so hard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have around 300 more on a missing thumb drive. It's got to be here somewhere....somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great times! Unforgetable! Memories for a lifetime!

    Rememer the time we went to Hawaii a few days before your dad? Free to roam, run, swim and shop.
    Remember Rebekah running up a tab at the bar and runaway golf carts?
    Remember running away from us in the pineapple fields? Remember when you threw up as we got off the airport shuttle because your dad fed you Chinese food at midnight, just in case we got hungry on the red-eye?
    Remember Popeye chicken?
    Remember when Elizabeth fell in the murky water and Toby brought back a really dead (how dead is really dead?) fish to cook? Remember lying in the parking lot at Lake Cachuma late at night with Auntie and staring at the stars?
    Remember Lake Havasu and flying over the bumpy road with Papa George in his old blue pickup?
    Remember Kirk saving you from certain disaster at the dance in Hot Springs?
    Remember horseback riding behind Mt. Rushmore and Rebekah on the runaway horse and my horse falling to his knees on the way down. I think one of you was almost decapitated when your horse took off the the woods.
    Remember those sticky summer days in Columbus and Papa Scott's apple tree?
    Remembering is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were all such fun things to do. I love vacations.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.