This week we explored "Great Literature." Here is a snapshot of what we did this week.
On Monday, we discussed the great works of Laura Numeroff. While I was cooking pancakes in the shapes of their initials, my mom read them If You Give a Pig a Pancake.
In the afternoon, we read, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie and baked peanut butter cookies.
The kids wrote and illustrated their own story based on the format of her "If You Give a..." books. We're taking it to Staples later this week and to have it professionally published. They are so thrilled.
Here are 2 photos from the book. The lamination made it glare too much, so I didn't photograph all ten pages.

Sarah you are so cute! Thank you for your kind words and your selfless use of your money that we both wish you had! I will be calling my OB in the morning. I certainly hope she has something to offer me.
ReplyDeleteI really miss you. I wish I could meet your darling kids and catch up with you in person. Someday somewhere we shall meet again!
Sarah...I feel like such a slacker mom whenever I read your posts! You are an amazing mom and truly an inspiration to me! (You can totally tell you were a teacher:)
ReplyDeleteI really do hope that you're feeling better soon, Necia. It's such a crummy thing that growing a person can make you so sick.
ReplyDeleteJulie, Julie, Julie - queen of all mothers. I'm not quite sure why YOU would feel like a slacker. When I grow up, I'm going to be JUST like you!
Yeah, again, will you please adopt my kids?! :)
ReplyDeleteif you give a boy a haircut, his aunt will write him out of her will. write that book, hair butcher.
ReplyDelete