
The kiddles in Don's family exchange gifts each year. We thought it would be fun to have them exchange in person this year, while Don's sister Amber is in town with her kids from London. I thought, why not have a party? I could organize a whole day of fun! Well, of course there are tons of reasons not to, but I think we've established that I have sanity issues with doing a little more than necessary.

Part 1 - Breakfast with Santa and Mrs. Claus
Yep, the big guy showed up with his little lady. Don's oldest sister, Donna prepared breakfast, embroidered stockings for Santa to hand out, decorated every single surface in her home and loaned her Santa suit to her dad. (Don grew up with a serious overachiever in his family. Donna and I get along well.)



Part 2 - Games, Food, and More
Some of us went to this crazy playland thing they have in their city and then to a pizza buffet. Some of us went to one of Don's sister's house for face painting and cookie decorating. We went to the playland because there was a sick cousin with a catchy virus at the house that we didn't want Molly to get.

Part 3 - Night at Bethlehem
Donna The Overachiever is the Activities Chair for her church group. She organized a fun and memorable Night at Bethlehem. We were supposed to come in 1st Century garb, but don't ask me about those costumes. I'll start fuming. We were supposed to bring canned goods to donate to a local charity as our "taxes," but don't ask me about that either. We were supposed to come at 6, but got there around 7ish. Don't ask me how we got lost going 2 blocks in a city we both lived in for over four years. Grr. Anyways, it was sooooooo much fun. We had a great Mediterranean meal, the kids played fun Middle Eastern games, we watched a reinactment of the Christmas Story and we left with dreidels. It was a great end to the day.

The next day, we witnessed the blessing of Amber's new baby, Ashton. Welcome to the family, little (fat) guy!!! Afterwards, The Overachiever hosted a luncheon prepared by Johnna and Danae, and gifted each niece and nephew with a blanket she had made and embroidered. Way to make us all look bad, Donna!

Please don't comment on the photos. I got a new lens and not one of the 200 photos that I've taken with it has turned out. I'm going to spend all tonight trying to figure it out. I'm so very sad that none of the Santa photos turned out. =(
------------------
Christmas Journal Entry
When does it really start feeling like Christmas to you?
Sarah - the day after Thanksgiving is "go time" to me. But I really feel into it when we start to decorate the outside of the house and we see lights pop up in the neighborhood.
Don - when Christmas music begins playing
Sunshine - when it snows
Buddy - "I really like that Jesus."
Polly - Bruno!
Christmas Journal Entry
What do you think is the most enjoyable thing to do in the snow?
Sarah - I like to stand in it when it's windy and have the icy snow hit my face. I also like to wake up after it's snowed and you can "hear" the quiet. I love that.
Don - make snow balls
Sunshine - make snowmen and jump on the trampoline with snow
Buddy - play snow fight and like Jesus
Polly - Bruno! Bruno!
No comments:
Post a Comment
thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.