Friday, December 4, 2009

21 days until Christmas - decorating

Last weekend, Don and the kids put up our Christmas decorations outside of the house. I went out to check on them and Sunshine was b-bopping around looking like this. Dear me.




And she had a little copycat at her heels, throwing gang signs. Honestly, I know Bo won't believe me, but I do NOT teach them this nonsense. It's just in their souls. LOL


---------------------------

Yesterday's Christmas journal prompt was:
"What is your favorite Christmas song?"

Sunshine loves "Santa Claus is Coming to Town," and has memorized all of the verses.

Buddy likes "The Jonas Brother's Christmas Song," which is a song that Buddy made up. The lyrics go a little something like this:
"Merry Christmas from the Jonas Brothers,
Ya, ya, ya.
Merry Christmas from the Jonas Brothers,
Ya, ya, ya."

Pocket likes anything she can rock out to.

Don's favorite carol is "The Little Drummer Boy," because it makes him cry.

My favorite song is "Do You Hear What I Hear?" because my sisters and I sang that in sacrament when we were around 13, 11, and 8. It always brings back good memories. We practiced at home with hand motions for the line "pray for peace, people everywhere." We folded our hands for pray, put up two fingers for peace, and spread out our arms for everywhere. We thought we were hilarious. My mom told us to stop, because it would throw us off when we were actually performing. But really, what does my mom know? She has NEVER sung in public, and we did all of the time. So we kept doing it. Sure enough, during sacrament meeting while we were singing, we all busted out laughing during that part of the song. Kinda killed the mood. Sorry, Mom. I guess you DID know better than a bunch of pre-teens.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you are having lots of Christmas fun. You never know what children will do for play when they are left alone. I am glad to know that you have come to realize that I was right about a few things.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.