Wednesday, December 2, 2009

23 days until Christmas - a snow day


Last night, it got really cold and Sunshine prayed that it would snow...twice. I assured her that it would not and she just smiled.

When she woke up this morning, it was snowing. She just smiled at me and said, "I knew it would. I prayed for it."


I laughed and told her she could stay home to play today. Snow doesn't come often here. Plus, she was having a sub and you know how I feel about subs.

When we were eating breakfast, I put on the news to listen to the weather report. The gal said that it wouldn't stick and I told Sunshine. She just smiled.


A few minutes later, we could tell that the snow was really piling up. It was enough for them to feel like they could play in it. I said, "Wow, Sunshine, it's actually sticking!"

She just smiled at me and said, "I knew it would. I said another prayer. The lady on tv needs to tell people that she was wrong." Snap, lady on tv! Snap!


Never one to be left out of a good thing, Don stayed home, too. We took them to Chuck E Cheese with our monthly free coupons.

We're that kind of family. I think that's why they're not star students. LOL Oh well!

2 comments:

  1. sounds perfect! My kiddos are begging for the snow to head this way--it may take more than a prayer though...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sad as I was driving Hannah to school knowing she wouldn't get the chance to play in it. They don't get much in Kinder and 1st anyway ... :) ...those memories will last way longer! BRavo!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.