Tuesday, May 25, 2010

a summer bucket list

Do you feel the fever in the air?

It's all anyone can talk about.

It's almost summer break!!!


We're beginning our preparations for our annual Summer Homeschool during Spring Break. We brainstorm lists of things we want to know more about, places we want to go, and things we want to do. I try to make it all fit into little weekly themes, with art projects, field trips, lessons, and lots of fun.

Last year, we ventured forth to learn about:
Great Authors
Discovery
Beach Party Blast! (Gramma Camp 2009)
America the Beautiful
Outta This World
Mad Scientists
road trip to Utopia
Transportation
Math
Back to School Fun (field day, spelling bees, etc.)


On our plate this year is:
Shakespeare
Ocean Animals with a trip to Sea World (Gramma Camp 2010)
Inventor's Workshop (crazy experiments they are begging me to do)
Animals (based on literature and art by Beatrix Potter, John James Audobon, etc.)
Famous Artists
Around the World (my sister got us some AWESOME stuff from a swap with people from around the world
Up, Up, and Away (vehicles that take flight)
Fitness Summer Camp at local fitness center
swim lessons
Vacation Bible School with Amy G's kiddos (because she's having a new baby and I don't think she's going to love her old ones enough anymore!!!!)

And a little pre-summer fun with a dad they hadn't seen in four days, though he lives in the same house as them.





4 comments:

  1. Jonathan bought one of those water rocket things. He used it for the first and last time on Monday. It just couldn't hold up to my energetic boy. I'm sad, because I thought it was going to replace the 14 million water balloons that we go through every summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I LOVE your comment about me :). It's true. My kids will need you! :) And BTW, your garden looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. while i'm not 'famous',i think i'd make a great featured artist during your summer camp. i write poems, mostly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna - you'll notice that they all have short ones in one photo and long ones in another photo. All of them ended up breaking. Eight dollars for an hour of fun. NOt too bad, but I really thought they would last longer.

    Thanks, Amy! I've been working really hard on it. LOL

    Rebekah - Send me your stuff. The kids would actually really like that. I know you're joking, but you are really, really talented.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.