Monday, February 15, 2010

bacon, please


Sunshine's birthday request was bacon. I like to encourage simple joys in life, so we obliged her by hosting a Breakfast Pajama Party for her 7th birthday. Here's the lowdown.

She invited five little friends, who arrived in pjs with dolls/stuffed animals, pillows, and blankets/sleeping bags.


There was food, lots of food, cause that's how we roll here. The starring component was...bacon.

Waffles, instead of a cake.




Made to order smoothies.


Beverage Bar.

These are the pillow dollhouses that my mother and I made for Sunshine and her guests. My mom made the two pretty ones and I made the five "sweet effort" ones. I stole the idea from the talented "cakies." The front of the dollhouses have a door and two windows. Each window had a curtain, either a valance or tie-back. A few of the doors were pockets and a few of the windowboxes were pockets. Each dollhouse was different in fabric and layout. I wanted each one different enough to have individual charm, but not so different that any one girl felt that hers was not as lovely as another's.


The inside of each dollhouse had a bed, a window and a picture frame. The beds were all pockets and some of them had pillows. The canvas inside the picture frames were blank. Some of the window curtains flounced and some were more plain. Like I said, each one was different. I used fabric scraps left over from older projects or outfits or bedding, except for the red gingham. I bought that on clearance for 77 cents a yard at WallyMartinez. Still, not bad.


The girls decorated the fronts of the dollhouses with flowers they cut out of fabric and button doorknobs. They used fabric markers to draw paintings inside of the dollhouse, which has a bed and curtains and acts as the doll's bedroom. I made short little pillows to fit in the roofs of each one, because I didn't initally factor in the roof size when I was making up the pattern for everything. That added a small cost to each pillowcase, so I guess I would try to avoid that in the future. Or maybe not. It was a really good size.


Here is Hannah sleeping in her dollhouse.


And Sunshine holding up her finished product. You can see the cute little landscape she drew on her picture canvas. You can't see that my overachiever mother added steps and a sidewalk path to Sunshine's. Way to make me look bad, Mom!


They opened presents, a part of birthdays that always shocks Sunshine. She's never expecting them, which cracks me up. Hannah's mom jokingly told Sunshine that she almost bought her a big package of bacon for her birthday. Sunshine was momentarily disappointed that Amy hadn't really bought her bacon. Oh, that child is so funny.


After they ran around the upstairs like maniacs for a few minutes, they cooled down by drinking hot cocoa and watching an American Girl movie.


Good times for the little people.


Happy Birthday, Sunshine! You're the BEST arooooooooooooound.

---------------

The 5th dollhouse, I made was for Pocket. Even though she's bad, I love her. The bed, front door, and roof are made from the fabric I used to make her crib bedding. I thought that would be nice.



The junk on her face and hands is marker that she painted herself with after I took the scissors out the kiddie craft cabinet. Poor thing needed something to entertain herself.

5 comments:

  1. What a fun party! Hannah had such a great time! Yum is all i have to say! Way to go Supermom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give S a big happy B-day wish from the other S. You throw the best parties! I wish we lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute group! I have never seen a waffle cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! What a cute mom you are! I don't have girls, but I think I need to tell my sis about the fabric doll house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And what did we make for the Master? Hmm?

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.