Thursday, November 5, 2009

thankful...

I'm thankful that Sunshine has a few friends who are really good kids.

It kinda stinks when you have a birthday right next to a HUGE holiday, like Halloween. Sunshine's good friend, Hannah, has that issue and so we wanted to give her a fun little playdate for her birthday present that had nothing to do with Halloween.


We had tea party-ish snacks, with the raspberries and strawberries Sunshine had dictated we serve.


Afterwards, we started a fun, fun craft that Sunshine has been begging me for YEARS to do with her.

Step one - I know it seems a little extravagent, but the dolls were under $5 and it was a birthday present. I bet you could get one at the dollar store, but we were going with a strawberry theme here.


Step two - strawberry cupcakes made with the giant cupcake molds. I trimmed off the sides, to make the lines smoother.


Step three - the girls frosted their cupcakes and decorated them with fun sprinkles.


Step four - they pushed the little doll into the center of the cupcake.


Step five - they displayed their cute craft for the camera.





Hannah is a sweetheart and we love having her over to play. Good times were had by all, even our party crasher.

6 comments:

  1. I always wanted to do this, but Annette said no.

    I love the photo of Momma in the background. She really is the third wheel. I would feel sorry for her if she wasn't such a loud, squeaky, demanding third wheel. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The child is spoiled rotten. She got her own cake to decorate, her own doll, her own plate of food. She's spoiled.
    The Little Master was upstairs watching Scooby Doo and enjoying his meal. They're all spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day! I'm stealing your idea, and I know you're shocked to hear that.

    This baby is not going to be happy having a birthday just after Christmas, but that's just how it is. I'm sure he'll be totally spoiled just like your little pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are seriously the best friend ever. And you're the best mommy to my wee one. If something were to happen to Eric and me, perhaps we should will our kids to you! Seriously! Hannah absolutely loved her day with you all. She was eating her masterpiece for days ... lil' bro didn't get a single bite ;). Thanks again! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that idea! I can't wait til Mallory is old enough to do that...I have to remember that one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so sweet, Amy. I do love your kids.

    Steal away this idea! I can't tell you how many times I've had her ask me to do this. Every time we walk by them in Kroger, she says, "Do you remember that you promised me we would make one of those?"

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.