
A bit ago, Don got a family pack of tickets to Medieval Times from work. I grew up a few miles from one of these fine establishments and managed to avoid it for the 17 years I lived there. But since this was free, we loaded up the kiddles and Sunshine's friend Brynn for two hours of family fun...crazy style.
The lily pond out front was the cute!

Then we went inside and we "crowned" with our team colors.

Once we got inside, the kids wandered around for a bit

posed for token photos

and cried until Don spent $60 on light up sword/saber things.


The best part of the evening for Polly was seeing the princess. She FREAKED out. It was so cute.

There was a king

a kingly procession thingie

a knight who threw me a carnation after he won a joust thingie

food that we had to eat without utensils



and a lot of falcon/horse tricks that I'm positive PETA would frown on. Don kept saying, "They're fine, Sarah. Calm down. They're fine."
I don't think they were fine, so I didn't take any photos. I didn't want to encourage the mean animal handlers.
And while this knight/renaissance faire/long hair on men who aren't rock stars/eating meat off a bone/grown men in tights/birds with bells on their wings activity is not my thing, it really was a lot of fun. We had a great time. The kids were over the moon the whole time and completely riveted by the performance. They were really, really concerned with the "fight to the death" at the end and both of the older kids said, "Oh, I really don't like this. They should really stop hitting each other so hard." So sweet.
I would totally go again if the tickets were free. PETA would be so ashamed of me.
Here is Sunshine holding the carnation from our Yellow Knight.
What fun! No utensils? I don't know how my brood would have handled that. And oh, cruelty to animals ... even if it's really okay ... oh me oh my! But hey, it was FREE! You can't beat that!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Medieval Times! I went every year in high school with our drama department!! You probably wouldn't like dressing up and parading around a Ren Fair all weekend either, would you? Paul and I are making it our yearly tradition!!
ReplyDeletei wish i was there.
ReplyDeleteStephanie - Uh, no, Ren Faire is not for me. LOL It's just not my thing. I'm going to play the race card on this one. My people don't dress in tights. LOL
ReplyDeleteI should mention though, that Don LOVES this kind of thing. He tried to act all cool and reserved because he knows I'm not a fan, but I could tell he really liked it. Maybe it will be a daddy-child type outing from now on.
ReplyDeleteI imagine it was noisy too, huh? There's so much in this that little people would like. No close ups of the knight??
ReplyDelete