
The Little Master has been gracing us with his presence for five whole years now. I know. It sure seems like longer. His real birthday is always after school is out, so we invite a few of his school friends to a little pre-birthday celebration before school gets out. This year, Buddy wanted to go for a monster truck theme.

Technically, he wanted a Scooby Doo cake with monster truck toys and Buzz Lightyear balloons, but I made him narrow it down.

We met after school at the local park for lunch.


The kids chose names for their monster trucks.


The plan was for them to relay race and do little exercises through a little path to a finish line. The children had their own plan, which was really just doing whatever they wanted, and that worked out, too.




They used pails and shovels to build obstacle courses for their little monster truck toys in the sand. They raced the trucks down the slides at the playground and then we had cake.


Everett's mom, the one who insinuated I'm a devil worshipper for celebrating Halloween, showed up at Buddy's birthday party and said, "Oh, this is so cute. I just love homemade little parties." I wasn't sure if that was a compliment or a hidden slight. I have the hardest time getting her. My current read on her is "crazy."
Regardless, Buddy had a swell time at his homemade party. He came home with FOUR presents, which was just perfect in his mind.

Good times were had by all, despite the million degree weather.
He still has his hair!
ReplyDelete