
My kids are obsessed with Beverly Cleary books. We started with the Henry books this summer, soared through the Beezus books, and fell into the Ramona books this fall.
If we want to coerce someone into doing something, we tell them Beezus would do it.
If Polly is tearing something up, Sunshine says, "You're worrying that to pieces, Polly!"
If someone is making "a great big noisy fuss", we call them Ramona. They cry. My sister says that mean. Hmm.
If someone is being super responsible, we say, "Mr. Capper will give you a paper route any day now, if you keep up that keen behavior!" They giggle.
And when I asked them what they wanted for dinner last week, they all asked for a "Ramona Kindergarten lunch."

So we had tuna fish sandwiches, carrot sticks and applesauce.
Aren't books just grand? We've learned so many swell things!
They are having so much fun. The magic of reading.
ReplyDeleteThose books were my favorite when I was a kid! Have you seen the movie? I'm taking my kids to see it here at the children's film festival.
ReplyDelete