Monday, December 20, 2010

a texas flavored tradition

My parents have 20 or more photos of me with Santa. I think after I had been in college for a few years, we convinced my dad that we were too old to sit on St. Nick's lap in the mall. He's still annoyed by that.


This year, we continued to carry on that tradition with our kids, but we did it Texas-style. At Bass Pro Outdoor World, they host a free Santa festival nightly during the month of December.


There are free holiday silly bands, free holiday crafts, free carnival games, and free photos with Santa. Of course, we went.


The Santa was really good looking and I appreciated his traditional Santa garb, instead of those new-fangled printed shirts with suspenders that the malls have on their Santas. Boo to the new trendy Santas! I love the old stuff! *LOL*


My favorite part of the whole thing was the real reindeer that had been shot, killed, and then stuffed to stand aside Santa. What could be more Texas than that?


Oh, I know what could be more Texas than that! When we left Santa's village, the first carnival game they could play was a rifle game, shooting woodland creatures.


I'm telling you, I *love* everything about this state.

2 comments:

  1. I thought those reindeer looked particularly real. There are alive ones at Disneyland. Of course it cost you a couple hundred dollars to get in there. Good job keeping up the tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i laughed through this entire post. it kept getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.