Friday, November 12, 2010

thankful for...

my calling.


I work with the 3 and under crowd at church...all 42 of them. It's the most exhausting two hours of my week, but the absolute best place for me.


I love hearing them shout to me in the parking lot. I love hugging away their fears, if they have a substitute. I love carrying them on my hip. I love hearing them recite garbled scriptures. I love hearing them sing hymns. I love seeing their joy when they see their friends. I love the dear men and women who work with me. They dedicate time, emotion, torn nylons, and dry clean only suit pants to these children every week and enjoy every moment. I love preparing their sweet lessons and activities. These photos are from Pioneer Day.


And I'm really grateful to have this time with Pocket. She has wonderful teachers, who cured her of the selective mutism we thought she had. I love that I get to see her feeling safe and happy.


I'm really blessed to have this opportunity.

3 comments:

  1. she looks like bobo in these photos. what a cute kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the MOST AMAZING Nursery leader ... EVER! Seriously! What I wouldn't give to be 2 and in your crew of 42. They are a lucky bunch of kids ... and a lucky bunch of adults who get to watch in awe of you each week as you so seemingly so effortlessly love and teach those kids. Lucky lucky lucky! So with this adorable post ... does the reminiscing mean there's a release coming your way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little people too. It sometimes seems that we adults grow and leave behind some of the best parts of who we are.

    You are blessed! And happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.