Wednesday, June 22, 2011
best friends
Polly's best friend's name is William, but she calls him Willy-ams. His little sister's name is Amelia, but I call her Frances. *LOL* She was THIRTEEN pounds when she was born, using natural childbirth. I kid you not.
Okay, back to Willy-ams. They love, love, love each other. They're both completely mute in public, which might have been what drew them to each other. But when they're sitting alone, they talk and talk and talk. When Willy-ams shows up at an activity, she says, "Come on, Willy-ams, let's go." He shakes his head no, she takes his arm and drags him where she wants him to go, and he smiles contentedly. It's a perfect match.
Last week at the park, I saw Willy-ams run up to his mom looking quite sad. I said, "Is he okay? Did Polly do something?" because they're always together and I assumed Polly had a part in the tears. He just started at me (remember, he's mute) and didn't answer, so I kinda forgot about it.
Later that day, when Polly was saying her prayers before bed, she prayed for Willy-ams. It reminded me of his tears and I asked her what happened at the park that made him sad. Using her hands and bobbing her head from side to side, she said, "I twied to kiss Willy-ams and he started to kwy." I said, "Oh, Polly, we can't kiss our friends. We save our kissed for our family!" She responded, "But I love Willy-ams and he's like my family!" Oh dear me, Polly.
I had to text his mom in deep embarrassment to apologize. She said Willy-ams had told her in the car that day, "I love Polly. She tried to kiss me and I love her." So, apparently, he's just playing hard to get?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Girl... you are in for it! And this is only at age three!!! can't wait to hear the stories of a teenage Polly :)
ReplyDelete13 pounds and she can tell the story without screaming. She's and amazing woman. Pocket is a flirt!
ReplyDelete