
My dad has these ridiculous shoes he's fashioned for quick trips in the backyard. He's cut off the back of a pair of sneakers, so he can just slide his feet in, quickly hop outside, and come back in. I can make fun of him for this dumb invention, because I never go in his backyard without slipping them on myself. They're dumb, dumb, dumb looking, but oh so suprisingly clever! So much better than the wooden clogs we used to wear to garden when we were growing up. These are comfy! Crocs totally stole his ghetto invention.
Our first day in CA, we were all jetlagged, tired, and starting to get sick. So, we kinda didn't leave the house...until church the next day. The Little Master never succombs to the plebian diseases the rest of us do, so he was fine and skippy. He asked permission to go "pick some of the fruit Papa grew for me" and I let him go. When I saw him slip on Papa's outdoor shoes, I had to grab my camera. The kid cracks me up.





Oh, Buddy, you'll fill those shoes for real someday. I hope by then there's a new pair for us to share. It looks like you have better balance than I do!
ReplyDeleteha ha! the tradition continues.
ReplyDelete