Thursday, January 6, 2011

my line in the sand


The first date I remember going on with Don was to the mall. Apparently, we went out a few months earlier than that, but I only have vague memories of it so I don't think it counts.

I don't remember how it came to be, but we ended up at a big mall near my home in Houston and the object of our excursion was to watch people fall down as they went ice skating. Honestly, that was the whole point. So, we sat there for hours talking about people we didn't know (the crazy couple on their first date who thought falling down with each other for an hour was a good idea), easedropping on conversations (teenagers really DO sound dumb), making fun of complete strangers (the woman/man dressed as Cher in the food court), and eating pretzels. I won't bore you with the rest of the date, but suffice it to say that nine years later, we're still doing the same things day after day. We talk about people, make fun of people, and eat a lot. *LOL*

The point of me telling you this story is that I really do like ease drop, people watch, and gossip. I really do. Don and I have a ball doing just that. In fact, if there was an online option to ease drop on people's lives, stare at pictures of them and gossip about them "behind their backs," I would be all over it. In fact, I would probably get addicted and stop home schooling, cleaning my home, having relationships with people face to face, reading books or spending time with my family. I really would. Children would go unfed, the husband would go unattended to, and the dog would still be lost. I would also probably get depressed, like I do when I blog stalk. The highs I get from my addictions often bring equally volumous lows.

Hence, the line in the sand that I drew years and years ago when it first started.

I am not on facebook.

You can stop asking/inviting me to it or refering to it in emails. If you get engaged, host a family reunion, sell your house, plan a ward activity, or get pregnant, you'll actually have to tell me if you want me to know. So sorry.

But I wish you well in your farm life business ventures and hope your wall is full of love and joy this new year. Block those haters.

Your non-friended friend,
Sarah

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And since I made a reference to sand and my sister hates my posts that don't include photos of children, here are some photos of my children in the sand.








2 comments:

  1. What a joy to see them playing on the beach (even at Thanksgiving). I am glad to see Pocket right in the mix. There's no fear there. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.