Monday, July 12, 2010

Sea World, part 5


Though it was a lot of fun, there was a little blah. I think the only bummer exhibit was the penguins because they mirror the seasons of their homeland in the exhibit. The short days in the southern hemisphere right now meant a lot of darkness in there and a hard to see exhibit. Boo to that! Do as the Romans do, penguins! It's summer here! Turn on the lights!!! Sheesh. Sea World needs to decide if they're animal lovers or mercenaries. Pick one, because I didn't pay a king's ransom to see dark exhibits just because the animals like it that way. Ridiculous.


Oh, the OTHER bummer was my sister in law who FORCED me to ride a roller coaster log ride thing even after I told her that I hated roller coasters. (I'm blaming this one on YOU, Cat!) She totally peer pressured me. So, I made Buddy ride with me, while Don took the girls. As I was going up, up, up, I remembered that yes, I DO hate these things and they ARE as scary as I thought they were. I kept thinking how many things could go wrong and we would all die. Okay, I didn't just think them. I said them out loud for the 4 and 5 year olds in the log with me to hear. Probably not the most mature thing to do. Oh well. I was worried about ME! I promised God that I would NEVER get back on it if He got me off safely.



They all went back the next day and I stayed on solid ground and took photos, even though two other sister in laws tried to peer pressure me to get back on it. I was strong this time, but still let my kids ride. Kids are resilient. They could bounce back from a serious injury easier than me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.