Wednesday, August 14, 2013

goodbye to B-dawg


Four years and one week after we adopted our beloved Bruno, we said goodbye to him.

We know Bruno went to join other noble creatures as a constellation, placed in the sky to represent chivalry, humility, and love. He was too good for this world and we are honored that he stayed with us as long as he did.

We will remember...
his droopy neck skin
his porch-dog laissez faire attitude
Dottie licking his huge ears
his joie de vivre
the sound of his tail hitting a wall as it thumped back and forth when he saw us 
his man crush on Papa
his giant paws
the sound of his howl that Polly thought sounded like a coyote 
his wet nose
the amazing amount of slobber he could create
his largess

We will miss him...
forever.  




2 comments:

  1. He was a true gentleman dog. Regal in every respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for saying that, Mom. We sure do love our BDawg. I actually included him in my testimony on Sunday! LOL I had such a "crisis of faith" over the past two weeks, because I've never been scared about the afterlife before. Now, suddenly, I'm so nervous because I don't know if I'll see my big guy again and it made me so incredibly sad. I realized that other people feel that way about humans that die and it was so enlightening to me. I hope this experience will help me help someone else one day.

    Dottie sure misses him. I have to give her so much attention now. Eegads!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.