The Littles went back to school today, at school, after three years of
schooling at home.
Sunshine is in 5th Grade, and switches blocks between two main
teachers.
Buddy is in the 2nd Grade and has a locker, instead of a cubby!
Pollyanna has joined the ranks of elementary school students and
is in Kindergarten.
For the first time in 11 years, I was at home without a child. I
contemplated watching soap operas and eating bon-bons, but I cleaned the house
instead.
Good times were had by all.
Thanks to Aunti Bekah for walking them into school on their first
day and the little gifts they were surprised by after school. It meant a
lot to them, so it meant a lot to me.
{funny-ish story}
Dottie and I went to the crosswalk to meet them after school.
We waited in the shade for 15 minutes and didn't see them. I kept
telling myself not to panic, because they were probably taking a bit of time
meeting up at the Sibling Spot. So, we moved closer to the school to get
a better look at them and stood in the sun for 15 more minutes. Finally,
I decided that I really could panic at this point and started to walk home to
leave Dottie, so I could go inside the school to find the missing children.
As I turned the corner, I saw three brown children running up and
down our driveway.
They were my brown children.
They had decided that they didn't need to use the crosswalk around
the corner and had jaywalked across the parking lot to our house. Their friend
from church lives down the street and he had told them that jaywalking was
faster, so they followed him. Thanks a lot, Steven. *lol*
I almost didn't give them their cookies and milk, but I knew June
Cleaver wouldn't have deprived The Beaver of his after school snack, so I let
them have them anyways.










That's right. You follow June and all will be well.Just be glad you didn't get Wally.
ReplyDeleteThat's funny, Mom. But Wally was so responsible! And cuter than The Beav. :)
ReplyDeleteI really did love that show. It was so fun. I wonder if I can buy that series on iTunes, so the kids could watch it without commercials.