
We met Emma Thompson this month at a pre-premiere of the film at the Dallas Museum of Art.
We're members of the Dallas MOA, so we were invited to hear her speak about the new Nanny McPhee movie and the book she wrote to go along with it. She's really the funniest person. I had no idea. She began as a comedian and she's actually quite good at it. She had everyone dying of laughter from the start, as she took off her shoes and threw her body on the floor telling us how hot it was outside.

She talked to us about the April Fool's jokes her family plays on each other each year. She took suggestions from the audience for future pranks and of course, my Sunshine had a stellar idea to share. She showed them a clip of how she becomes Nanny McPhee through makeup and funny stories about the little piglets in the film. Buddy loved that, of course. "She's sooooo ugly, now!"
Afterwards, she signed our copy of the book and chatted with Sunshine about her blue nail polish and how important it is that her polish matches her cheerleading uniform.

She talked to Buddy about being five and how many exciting things can happen to you when you're five (he was telling sooooooooooo many stories!)

When we were done, I said, "Tell Ms. Thompson thank you," and she said, "Oh, just call me Emma." I said, "Well, they could say Ms. Emma." She laughed and said, "Oh, yes. I forgot I'm in Texas. Please call me, Ms. Emma" in an exaggerated southern accent. I'm so funny that I can even make an Oscar winner laugh.

The kids walked away with a free meet and greet, a novel, free shirts and free notebooks. It was so fun to get swag!!!
How fun is that?!! I am so jealous. I really like Emma Thompson...I mean Ms. Emma. Lucky, lucky kids of yours!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great smile she has. I am sure it was so much fun.
ReplyDelete