
Our local libraries have really great programs during the summer. Where I grew up, you could only join the library in the city you lived in, or you had to pay for membership. In Texas, you can join any library in any city. Don't you just love Texas?

We've been hitting lots of fun shows and activities this summer. An adult civic ballet company performed FREE in July. So, I took all three kids by myself and they were soooo good.

Beforehand, when I told Buddy where we were going, he said, "That sounds boring." When I told my dad where we were going, he said, "That sounds boring." When I told Don where we were going, he said, "That sounds boring." Each one! The same thing! Dorky boys.

But Buddy had a good time. It was short and sweet, and kept them all engaged. There was a three piece student orchestra performing the music, which was interesting for the kids to see.

Each ballet was only around 2 minutes long, which is perfect for little people at 7pm at night. Polly was mesmorized and if I want her to do anything now, I just mention that ballerinas do that thing and she hops right to it. I think that's sweet.

Sunshine brought one of her ballerina books and had the Russian folk ballerinas autograph it at the end. Pollyanna insisted on a photo with them, but Buddy would have nothing to do it with LOL

It was good fun. Completely at a level appropriate for my kids and impressive enough to them for it to be memorable. I was pleased.
You seriously are the world's best mom! Your kids are so lucky!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to see ballet. Short and sweet. I am not suprised Scott said boring. It's not his idea of guy stuff.
ReplyDelete