Tuesday, April 1, 2014

a yearly disaster






happy april fool's day!

So, this is my kids' favorite holiday.  They plan for it for days and talk about it for a year.  
This morning, Pollyanna was so excited to tell her teacher that she broke her wrist at dance last night. Her wrist was wrapped with paper towels and then covered with pink clip wrap.  It looked good and she went off to school pumped up!  
Fast forward 15 minutes.
Pollyanna's teacher calls my cell phone and tells me that Molly is crying and trying to take off her cast.  She said that Polly told her that I said she could take it off at school.  I start laughing hysterically at this point that my ultra-shy child has frozen telling her OWN April Fool's Day joke, which reminded me of the 100th Day of School fiasco. 
Pollyanna was supposed to dress like a 100 year old on the 100th day of school.  She had big plans and wanted the piece de resistance to be showing up to school with GG's walker.  I'm always up for a good time, so we agreed and Don drove her to school with her walker.  
Fast forward 5 minutes.  
Don calls me that she is growling at him in front of the school because she doesn't want to use the walker.  So, I'm envisioning Don at the school fighting with a Kindergartner and trying to make her take this walker into the building. *lol*  
Dear me.  
These people must think we're looney tune.  
I explained Pollyanna's failed joke to her teacher, who did laugh, but I was so embarrassed, while also laughing hysterically.  
I can only imagine what the other children's teachers think. 
Sunshine made Don write her teacher a note that said she couldn't take the state-mandated standardized STAAR test because she broke her arm. 
Who knows what Buddy's teacher thinks about the eye makeup I put on, so he could look like he had black eyes?  
Eegads.
We're just such nerds!  I can't help it. I think about not letting them do it and then it seems really funny to me and I just CAN NOT convince myself to talk them out of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.