Wednesday, October 2, 2013

smarty pants Polly

                                                     

While Dad was here for Grandparent's Day, we stopped at the playground to see Pollyanna's class during recess.  Another mother was there and said that she had a child in the same class.  When she found out that we belonged to Pollyanna, she told us the following story about her son, Ethan, and Pollyanna.

Mother: Ethan, your teacher told me that you aren't finishing all of your work.
Ethan: Oh, don't worry, Mom.  Pollyanna will do it for me.
Mother: Ethan, it's not her job to do your work. It's your job.
Ethan: I know, but she finishes things for me when I'm too slow, so I won't get in trouble.
Mother: But Ethan, how will you learn the information if you don't do your work?
Ethan: Oh, don't worry!  Pollyanna will teach me!
Mother: Oh, Ethan.
Ethan runs off smiling, completely happy and completely unaware.

The mother told us that it was the funniest thing ever and that Ethan just adored our Pollyanna.

Dad also thought it was funny.  He couldn't stop giggling.

I thought it was authentic Polly.

Good luck, Ethan.  You have no idea about the tangled web you've stepped into. It's going to be a long year, little guy.

Way to work it, Polly.  If those good looks don't bring them in, catch them with your smarts. That'll get 'em.


2 comments:

  1. You have the cutest little munchkins!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet, Tori. They are adorable little munchkins!

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.