The girls attended a tagalong sibling class/camp (Papoose) on site and met us for dinner during "half-time." Their teacher was fabulous. They built crafts, painted (their clothes, hair, and body) each day, played in a bounce house, and made good friends. The last day of class, he even let the girls face paint his entire head. I really appreciated his patience and leadership.
It was western-themed this year, so the classes, workshops and crafts focused on that topic. Buddy had a great time learning about geology (he rocked that class!), BB guns, lasso-ing, barrel racing (on stick ponies), archery, and woodwork. There were water-based relay races, obstacle courses, toys to build and 320 Angry Bird/penguin SWAPS to pass out. One of our parents taught them chants and our den won the "Spirit Award" on the last day. Since Buddy just joined this pack when he turned eight this month, it was an exciting introduction to scouting for him and a handy way for us to learn more about the boys he'll be spending so much time with each week.
We had a great time, but I haven't been that tired in a loooooooooooooong time! There are 13 or 14 eight and nine year old boys in our "walking den" and I was in awe of their energy in the 95 degree weather. *lol*
No comments:
Post a Comment
thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.