Wednesday, September 19, 2012

first grade

The Little Master is in 1st Grade.  He's following a slightly less traditional curriculum this year, because his reading skills are more on point for his age, than his grade.  Since he has a summer birthday, we let him do PreK for a year between preschool and Kindergarten.  It has meant that he's a stronger reader than other children in his grade, but it doesn't mean he's gifted or anything.  If you've ever talked to me about gifted labels, you'll know that I would NEVER insinuate that one of my kids had that label.  He's just a normal kid doing great and occasionally working hard.
I'm grateful to be home schooling him again this year.  It's been really gratifying to see him progress, since I've been his teacher going on three years now.  When Sunshine was his age, she had already been taught by fabulous teachers for years.  I didn't really think I could take credit for her success at that point.
But Buddy's success is all mine.  Some of it belongs to him, I suppose, but the rest is all me!!







Do you love the book photo props? What?  Your first grader isn't reading Mark Twain?  They're not gifted? Oh, wow.  Hmm...neither is mine.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.