Don coached TLM's Kindergarten basketball team this year. It's a year round sport at the YMCA, which is exciting to me for many reasons. First of all, I don't have to find a new sport for him to play when the season ends over and over again. Secondly, it's indoors and air-conditioned. But most importantly, it's Don thing and I have nothing to do with it. Ahhhhh.
Buddy loves it and he's quite good on defense. There is one girl in the league and the other boys don't like to guard her. Buddy goes straight at her. It's fabulous. He's also good at getting fouls, which I think is a really effective way to keep someone from making a basket. I encourage it. Sometimes, he doesn't get caught. =)
And Buddy's favorite part of the game:
In the photo below, please note the little boy next to Don as he's coaching. After the first game had been going for about 45 seconds, he walked up to Don and said, "Uh, Coach Don, I'm ready to sit out now. That was enough." Don said, "But we just started!" and he replied, "Ya, that's enough." You can see in the photo that their hands are doing the same thing. He would mimic Don during the whole game, only taking breaks to hold Don's hand. So sweet.






No comments:
Post a Comment
thanks so much for leaving a comment.
I do love the attention.